Thursday, April 11, 2013

One step forward, two steps back

I am now working on editing my sgi-fi story, and things are proving... difficult. Now with actually editing, with cutting and changing and moveing and cutting some more. All that's going just fine.

But the problem is, I'm starting to lose a sense of things with regards to the edits. It's like, at this point I feel that every edit I make is as likely to make things worse, more awkward, harder to read, as it is to improve the flow and characterization. 

I'm not sure what the next step should me. Logically I know I ought to put a bit of it in Show Your Work at AW and just see if  the people there can rip it apart and give me an idea what direction to go in so maybe I can finally settle with chapter one and move on to chapter two.

I never thought that the editing would go this much slower than the writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment