Friday, April 26, 2013

The Pull List: April 24

This week's books are: Earth's Mightiest Heroes 13, Avengers Arena 7, Alpha 3, Demon Knights 19 and Jonah Hex 19. May be more later today as I didn't get through my books yet this week. As always, spoilers may be beyond the cut.


Demon Knights 19
The battle for the Amazons is on. It's pretty intense, honestly - a lot changes. A lot of debt exchanges hands. And woven through it all is a half-issue-long battle with vampires, amazons and of course, the Demon Knights.

I found myself all wound up in this issue, and the ending - as much as I disagreed with Ystin's decision - has me deeply invested in seeing what comes of it. This book just keeps pulling me back in every time I consider cutting ties.


Earth's Mightiest Heroes 13 
Now I know it's time to let this comic go. They've resorted to making a comic version of one of the cartoon's episodes. I am not pleased.


Avengers Arena 7
We get a lot of background on the guy pulling the strings in this issue and I... I really don't care. I mean, it's well written and it has a good arc, but I just don't care about this guy. I don't buy his sob story, I don't even really buy him as a credible threat - if anything this issue undercut his menace even more by pointing out that its another villain entirely who set everything up, made everything possible. Let's get back to the main story next time.


Alpha 3
Still really enjoying this. It's a little cliche, but the includion of Spider-Man (sort of) as a mentor sometimes and a goad at other times is an interesting twist. I kinda like Alpha, in that awkward, overblown teen superhero way.


Jonah Hex 19
Picked this up for Booster Gold and because Palmiotti and Gray have never let me down yet. They were fine, but Booster was... not. He was incredibly stupid and naive. I get that this is a less experienced Booster, but even after the events of JLI he shouldn't have been THIS dumb. Its like a totally different character.

No comments:

Post a Comment