Thursday, February 21, 2013

Milestones

I hit the 2/3 mark in one of my stories today - the end of act two. It's funny how round the word count came out - 60,250. I expect the third part to be a little shorter than the others, but that should put the thing comfortably between 82k and 88k, which is I think an admirable first draft, especially since I think there's some stuff that'll be added back in when I get around to rewrites.

It all turned out working a little better than expected, to be honest. The story was a NaNo, one of the few I didn't delete totally after November because I had most of it posted in an LJ. I think I started with about 46k when I picked it up in January. If everything stays as it is, I think I may actually get it done in another couple months. It might go faster if I stopped working on the other book at the same time, but I'm finding myself unwilling to do that.

I guess I'll just ride the urge while I have it!

Progress: Blessed (27,723); Sci-fi (60,250)

No comments:

Post a Comment