Friday, February 1, 2013

The pull list: Jan. 30

No new single issues this week - I've been paring down my pull list lately and it's meant there's more than a few gaps in my scheduled.

One of the things which I'll soon stop getting is the Batwoman series. Ever have a comic series you enjoy, but which you really enjoy *more* when it's read as a trade rather than in individual issues? It's not that I have any problem enjoying things on an individual issues basis, but somehow, for the type of storytelling Batwoman does, it always flows so much better in one big chunk rather than a bunch of pieces.

I feel a little bad, since with this, I'll have removed all but two DC titles from my pull list, and with a change recently, I think I may stop picking up Demon Knights as well. We'll see. So that just leaves Batwing, and while I'm still enjoying it, I'm wondering if I wouldn't get more out of it buying it in trade as well, since some of these crossovers are tedious.

It's sort of sad, because a couple years ago, I was almost entirely a DC girl, with only one ongoing Marvel title in my pull box per month. but now it's just about reversed, especially with the upcoming release of three new group books that I hope to at least give a look at.

I guess all things evolve. Even the pull list...

No comments:

Post a Comment