Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors That I'd Put On My Auto-Buy List

Top Ten Tuesday is a regular feature on the Broke and Bookish blog. This week's list is a look at the authors that I'd put on my auto-buy list. I may be cheating a little, as I'm splitting out series in some cases,w here I'd be an insta-buy for some books but not always for others.

1. Jim Hines: At this point, I'm a first-week purchaser for any novel he releases. I'm not sure I'd hop in for short stories or collections, but I've yet to be disappointed by one of his full-length books.

2. Chris Wooding (Tales of the Ketty Jay): Probably my favorite current series out there. Steampunky adventure. <3 font="">

3. Seanan McGuire (Toby Daye): I adore Toby's stories and since being introduced to them have purchased each new book as it's come out. Very much looking forward to this year's entry!

4. George R. R. Martin (Game of Thrones): While the last couple were not as good, in my opinion , as earlier volumes, I'm still heavily invested in this series and always looking for the next bit.  

5. Brandon Sanderson: While I haven't picked up his Wheel of Time books since I'm behind on that series, I try to make a point of picking up everything else he's put out.

6. Guy Gavriel Kay: He's another whose earlier books I liked much better than his later work, but I still like his later work enough to never regret getting it.

7. Seanen McGuire (Incryptid): She may be the only author who has two series I absolutely adore and another that I couldn't care less to continue reading in. Speaking of this series, March 5!!!

8. CLAMP: They are very hit or miss, but I try to give at least the first volume of every new series a chance.

9. Kaori Yuki: A very specific brand of hilariously awesome that I embrace quite happily. :)

10. J. K. Rowling: While I haven't yet read Casual Vacancy, I had to get it when it first came out and I suspect I will continue doing so.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love Brandon Sanderson, GGK, and Seanan McGuire -- they all made my list too :) I agree that the last couple ASoIaF books weren't as good, and I still don't own the last one.

    My auto-buy list

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously need to start reading George RR Martin's books! I have them on my shelf, I just need to find the time to read them. JK Rowling made my list as well! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Casual Vacancy too. And because I don't want to spoil the reading fun, I haven't tried to find out what's it about:)
    Kero from Kero's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete