Monday, March 4, 2013

Does it make me a bad person if...

... my reasons for picking up a book, especially a *comic* book, are not always based on whether or not I think the story inside will be quality?

Right now in my somewhat substantial to-read pile is "Hawkeye: Blindspot." this is a book which I picked up exclusively because of the promise of the appearance of Clint's also-raised-in-the-circus-evil-brother. For some reason, the bare circumstances around  this character appeal to the baser parts of my sense of humor, so I'm sort of looking forward to reading it for that.

However, I have a terrible feeling that the book itself may be kind of... well, not good. I suppose part of it comes fom this being a comic book, and those being of varying quality, with the best ones being largely whispered among fans. You can find them pretty easily. So something like this... I'm just not sure.

Nonetheless, I shall be reading it soon. I'll report on how well my instincts served me afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment