Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books At The TOP Of My Spring 2013 TBR list!

Top Ten Tuesday is a regular feature on the Broke and Bookish blog. This week's list is a look at the books I'm most looking forward to reading this spring!

1. Scarlet - the sequal to the fantastic sci-fi story Cinder, I've had this book for a while but other things keep cropping up. Still I NEED to get this read. the first one was a sci fi story that reminded me why I love sci fi so much.

2. The Iron Jackal - The Tales of the Ketty Jay has seriously wormed its way into my top five favorite series ever, and it may be vying for spot no. 1.  The opportunity to get back to this world is seriously exciting.

3. King Peggy - A nonfiction book? In MY reading list? Truth is I've been looking forward to reading this one for ages and ages, and my hold at the library finally came through so now it's sitting near my bed, waiting for me to finally peek into it. 

4. Bob Moore: Desperate Times - I've had this one on my Nook since the middle of last year, but other things keep getting in the way of my reading it. I loved "No Hero" and I have no reason to think I won't adore this one as well.

5. Watership Down - Have I read it before? I definitely have. But that doesn't mean I'm not tickled about reading it again! (And with book club!)

6. Legend of Oz: Wicked West vol. 2 - The first volume of this was beautiful, a comic book that I even share with my non-comic-reading friends,a nd I'm terribly excited to see where we go next.

7. Shades of Gray - Another book club selection, but one I've been recommended by Good Reads' recommendation matrix for ages now, so I'm very excited to read it!

8. The Janus Affair - The first Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences was a deeply flawed book technically that I loved emotionally. So while I haven't picked it up yet, there's a piece in the back of my mind that keeps asking, "When are we gonna read THAT?"

9. Fairy Tail 25 - Feels a bit like cheating, since I'm excited for EVERY volume of this manga. :)

10. Bob Moore: Hostile Territory - See no. 4, with the caveat that this one is much lower because if Desperate Times turns out not so good, I may revise my interest in reading it.



2 comments:

  1. I recently reread Watership Down with my book club. Such a powerful story, with such great characters.

    Here's my list of books I can't wait to read this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of bloggers(readers) loved Cinder. It never got my fullest attention, but now while browsing online I really want to read it as well. It sounds awesome.

    Nina@J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete