Friday, March 22, 2013

Pull List: March 20

A bit late on some of these! We have today Secret Avengers 2, Demon Knights 18, Avengers Arena 6, Earth's mightiest Heroes 12 and Alpha 2. As always, there may be spoilers beyond the cut.




Secret Avengers 2
I realized about halfway through this issue that I had not actually read the first one. I still haven't and I may need to dig it up and see if reading it makes this one make any more sense. I do love me some Taskmaster and I think this might grow into something I could enjoy, and part of this m,ay be my fault for not reading issue 1, but it felt like a bit of a mess, and I wasn't entirely sure at times how one thing led to another. Two more issues I'll give it and we'll see.

Demon Knights 18
It continues to be a pretty strong series. I loved this issue particularly for the Jason Blood/Etrigan stuff. I can't fault Blood for what he does. Poor guy can't catch a break. I'll admit his fortitude certainly surprised me :) I'm looking forward to see how it works out, though I honestly do feel the pull of "don't support DC" wanting me to turn this into a trades-only purchase.

Avengers Arena 6
It would be nice if just once, the cover could have a bit more to do with the contents. That being said, I think this series works much better when we're focusing on characters the reader is familiar with, however much we don't want to see them die. I was not familiar with the focus of this one, and so I think the fight at the end just didn't have the oomph for me I assumed they were going for.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes 12
Hulk Cap vs. Bruce Banner with Cap's shield? I'm there. Still, I may be ending this soon. It feels like there's just not much TO these volumes.

Alpha 2
Snerk! That may be the first time I've seen someone else confused for Speedball. This amuses me more than it ought to.

No comments:

Post a Comment