Monday, March 25, 2013

We're off to see the wizard

I keep being told I need to read the Scottie Young Oz comics. I'm seriously thinking about it. I love his art. It's cute and detailed and whimsical all at the same time.

I've never been a big Oz fan, not like some of my friends were. I had "The Patchwork Girl of Oz" as a child and re-read that like someone was going to take it away from me and I had to commit the whole thing to memory. But lately, with the surge in Oz products, I've found myself getting more interested. I've already talked about how much I love the Wild West Oz book. 

I'm not sure what is keeping me from just borrowing them actually. I don't have that much in my to-read comics pile - a couple trades of things I've already read in individual comics and something called "An Inspector Calls" which I'm a little dubious about and keep putting off.

Maybe that'll be this week's comics project. Borrow and read book 1, just to see. Decide from there. At the very least it should be pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment