Saturday, March 16, 2013

Well, THAT was uncalled for

I wrote last week that I have trouble with action scenes. But over the past week or so, the scene I was referring to mostly evolved - I deleted and rewrote it about three times, and by the final draft, it had morphed from a fight into a pretty much complete curbstomp of the main character.

You ever do this? Write something that at the same time seems more and more *right* to the story and at the same time is more and more difficult, for whatever reason, for you to write?

In this case, it was that I've never really watched a wholly one-sided, brutal fight, and that I do like my main character, so it was hard to write like this. But it's definitely happened before - most recently, a character's motivations kept getting more and more creepy and obsessive, to the point where while I liked how it worked in the story, I felt slimy just writing anything about the gent.

Anyone else? Stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment